Monday, June 17, 2013

FINALLY....


Yes, finally!! Home and working on models again!  Yes, it does feel so good.  Nothing fancy this time... here is what I am doing...


Started my 1/700 Hasagawa Akagi.  I did say there was a ship model in my future.  Assembling the AA gun turrets.  Just put photoetch railings on them.  Man, they are small.  Next up... the funnel and island assembly. 


Continuing my 1/32 Tamiya F-14A Tomcat.  Putting on several of the decals before I clutter things up with the gear and ordinance.  Next up is the gear and ordinance.  Might get all that done before my next trip.  Maybe.  The cockpit will likely have to wait until August.  We’ll see.  BTW, I have loved building this model.  My first 1/32 scale kit since I was a kid.  And it has been a blast.  Probably an average build quality wise, but its size alone will make it an attention getter.  Very fun!  

OK... ‘till next time... keep building.  

2 comments:

  1. Hey Doug, thanks for the insight on what you see and need. I am really interested in cars,the older ones. I am fairly new at building, so I am testing the waters. I am learning every day. I love the traveling, the shows,also the meeting new people and making new friendships. I like to share about my new found hobby with anyone who will listen. I love the excitement I get when I try new things, whether I am good at it or not. It is the exploration and being able to stir up my imagination. Some times I need to keep my feet firmly on the ground. I like to keep an open mind and yes, even it means to build a tank,plane,or a ship. Trying something new. Hey! maybe I will combine all four. One will never know,ha!ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bruce,
    Hey, thanks for sharing and for the insight. Yeah, I think modeling is all about trying "new stuff". And the idea of combining things is out there. I've seen it at Nationals where they have a category in which you can build three different genres of models, they have to be different. For example, tank, ship, car and so on. All three are entered as a group. As for the shows and travel, that is maybe the most fun part for me too. I love shows and the road trips with friends. The history and models are the core, but without the people, you have nothing. So keep up the building.
    Thanks
    Doug

    ReplyDelete